Surfski speed vs stability

  This is a really good article that clearly defines the issues...

https://www.gosurfski.com/post/five-myths-about-stable-surfskis?fbclid=IwAR0eLjtjoX3YU9NBfIU_3YZz4Uvx5SartsRIdVWZaUNKKjCt_pRBVvDuD3E

I started in a Futura sport but within a few months bought a second boat an Epic v10L gen 1 for speed.  I understand the argument probably more than most.  In some of my first gulf races, hydrodynamically slower boats were doing better than me.  A good Epic butt pad and back wedge fixed my stability issues.  The Epic seat is too sloped and promotes slumping and sliding.  After I added these, I didn't have issues.  The problem I have experienced is buckets that are made for much wider guys than me yet the boat is perfect for me.  Check out this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surfski Repair

Outdoor storage of surfski

My first surfski a Futura sport