Outdoor storage of surfski

I moved into a smaller house with a garage that is not big enough to store a 22' surfski. Here is how I properly stored my ski outdoors without sun or moisture damage in sunny high humidity Florida.
I looked online and all the covers seem so expensive. I thought about it alot & finally got the perfect solution.  I picked up an industrial thickness white vinyl tarp cover.  Don't use the cheaper home depot variety.  Get the high quality thick industrial stuff in white.  I cut it in strips so that I could cover several boats.  I also found a silver/gray elasticized gray boat cover which someone got rid of (likely for a 20 foot boat) which I lay over the white vinyl.  Two layers of protection.  How fortunate!  Its elastic ends fit perfectly over my surfski. I use 4 straps to keep the cover firmly in place in high winds.  I store it in the shade of the trees and pool screen to keep it cool.  Finally, if you need to, you can run a combo lock cable thru the venturi port to protect it from theft.  I use this type of cable on mine any time it is on my car roof rack overnight.  Hope this helps all of you looking for a similar solution.

Comments

  1. Thanks for your information, this info very useful.
    For additional info, if you need Trusted Misty Fan Rental Service in Indonesia for something like event, or etc. You can try to contact us.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or share your knowledge

Popular posts from this blog

Surfski Repair

My first surfski a Futura sport