Surfski transportion safety rudder flags

I transport my ski on a standard size 4-door coupe which is roughly 16 feet long but the ski is 21.5 ft long. Technically it must be hanging over 6 feet behind my vehicle to require a safety flag; however, I choose to place a flag on the end to avoid accidental damage. The ski is white so joggers, bicyclists, cars, etc may not see it and cause damage. Standard kayak transport flags won't do because they all tie off some attachment point on the end. Many skis do not have any attachment points past the rudder. Shopping for a tail flag took hours of research. First of all what do I call it, "surfski transport flag", "kayak flag"etc? The correct name is "surfski rudder flag". Unbelievably, it seems that only a few places in the world make rudder flags designed to fit the unique shape of a surfski. Here are my top choices: 1) ocean paddle sports makes a great orange flag with black netting that securely attaches with a tail sock and adjustable parachute cord. 2) epic australia makes a nice long rudder flag. http://www.epickayaks.net.au/shop/rudder-flag.html 3)Blast makes a unique orange flag with a strip of reflective material on it. This would definitely be my #1 choice for night visibility. 4)Mocke makes the most affordable flag at only $10. http://www.surfskisport.com/epages/62132843.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62132843/Products/%22Mocke%20Traffic%20Flag%22 So who makes the best flag? They all seem to be good quality and each has its advantages. I travel with my ski mostly during daylight hours so I chose the ocean paddle sports flag. The epic flag is the longest so I would assume it provides the greatest visibility in daytime. The blast flag provides the best day & night travel visibility with the reflective strips. The mocke flag is the least expensive option. Whichever you choose, expect to pay only $10 to $20. I hope I was able to save you time shopping the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surfski Repair

Outdoor storage of surfski

My first surfski a Futura sport